Type: Private Company
Headquartered in Rockford, Illinois, Rockford Systems, LLC delivers trusted machine safeguarding solutions for organizations working with industrial machinery. As a trusted adviser since 1971, Rockford Systems helps organizations interpret and apply complex Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) machine safety standards for a broad array of industrial applications. In addition, Rockford Systems provides complete Turnkey Machine Safety Solutions, including machine safeguarding assessments, machine risk assessments, customized build-to-spec integration, over 10,000 safeguarding products, expert installation services, training and technical support, and annual validation audits. Rockford Systems provided risk reduction services of many of North America’s largest companies by increasing compliance, reducing worker risk, enhancing productivity and decreasing costs.
Rockford Combustion a division of Rockford Systems, LLC provides combustion safety solutions including training, service, burner tuning and audits, as well as standardized and custom engineered valve safety trains. These extensive risk reduction solutions enable organizations to improve compliance and worker safety while maintaining productivity.
Chief Executive Officer
- Joe Nitiss is a proven leader driving double-digit growth with an emphasis on strong execution and operational efficiency.
- He drives the mission to reduce risk and workplace injuries by becoming our customer’s trusted advisor and source for machine safeguarding, training, assessment services, and provider of turnkey engineered safeguarding solutions.
- Joe served as General Manager of the North American business unit of Elster. Mr. Nitiss also spearheaded major strategy and technical shifts as President North America of Emerson’s Chloride Group and during his tenure overseeing Genesis Cable (now Honeywell Cable) as General Manager.
- Prior to those positions, Mr. Nitiss was Vice President of Marketing & Business Development for Honeywell International and Vice President of Marketing for Emerson.
- Joe holds an BA in Economics and an MBA in Finance and Marketing from The University of Chicago.
Vice President & General Manager – Machine Safeguarding
- Matt Brenner has served in a variety of leadership roles for Rockford Systems.
- With nearly 20 years of experience at Rockford Systems, Matt has broad experience with risk reduction techniques for industrial equipment across a wide variety of different industries including some of the largest and most complex businesses in North America.
- Matt is an acknowledged expert, an author and a speaker on the topic of industrial safety standards and regulations and proper application of safety equipment.
- Matt serves as an Alternate on the ANSI B11 series Standards Development Committee.
- He holds a bachelor’s degree in Applied Sciences from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
Vice President of Finance
- Bill Holliday is responsible for all accounting, finance, IT and human resource activities.
- Bill has over 40 years of financial experience in the manufacturing industry, including Vice President of Finance for J.L. Clark LLC, a diversified packaging company based in Rockford, Illinois from 2002 to 2017
- He was Director of Finance at tool maker W.A. Whitney Co. from 1998 to 2002.
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting and an MBA from Northern Illinois University
General Manager – Lockout/Tagout
Scott Stone has more than 25 years of experience in the safety industry developing and managing safety management systems that resulted in driving cultural change for organizations.
Over his career, he has worked as a safety manager for outsource facilities and production maintenance organizations, worked in the safety services industry where he developed and successfully launched lockout/tagout services and worked in the safety management software industry.
Scott also has experience as a Six Sigma Black Belt where he applied advanced statistical and problem-solving techniques for process improvement.
Outside of work, he enjoys including boating, fishing, snowmobiling, and four wheeling with family and friends.
Vice President of Electrical Engineering & Service
- Brian Boes is accountable for the day-to-day operations of the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Department.
- He oversees the design process of Safety Integration to Controls and Machinery, works to develop new products, and assists account managers in the field with product applications.
- Brian is a member of the ANSI B11 Standards development Committee representing Rockford Systems as a Voting member. He is also active on the ANSI B11.1 & B11.2 subcommittees, which he assists in writing the mechanical and hydraulic punch press standards.
- He has been with Rockford Systems for 23 years and holds an Associates in Applied Science for Electronics Engineering Technology from Rock Valley College.
Director of Machine Safeguarding Services
- Phil Reuter has more than 15 years of combined experience at Rockford Systems.
- He began his career as a Machine Safeguarding Installation Lead Technician, then advanced to Regional Sales Manager/Machine Safeguarding Specialist, and is currently leading the company’s Installation and Account Management departments.
- Phil has worked in aviation, and industrial maintenance positions prior to his tenure with Rockford Systems.
- Phil holds an Associate’s Degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology from Southwestern Illinois College.
Director of Training
- Matthew Clutter has more than 17 years of experience at Rockford Systems with increasing roles of responsibility.
- Beginning his career as Inside Sales Coordinator, and then advanced to Regional Sales Manager/Machine Safeguarding Specialist.
- He managed a large territory for a major bulk chemical distributor, has conducted several hundred hours of chemical safety training for both companies and municipalities of all sizes.
- He has extensive experience in both private sector and government security.
- Matthew is a United States Marine Corps Veteran and has attended both Rock Valley College and Western Illinois University.
Director of Marketing
- Kari Larson is the Director of Marketing; responsible for Market Insights, Inbound Marketing, Data Analytics, Project/Product/Brand Management and Strategic Planning.
- Kari began her career performing market research in the media/communication industry, and has spent the past 20+ years accomplishing roles with increasing responsibility in companies specializing in Hardware, Packaging, Bearing, Paint/Craft/Hobby, Adhesives, Capital Equipment, Solenoid Valve, Heat Treat and Chemical Industries.
- Kari’s ’s work experiences include product lifecycle management, project management, process improvement, brand management, Partners in Leadership trainer, LEAN leadership certified, public relations, trade show management, channel management, competitive market intelligence, marketing automation, content creation, voice of the customer, and P&L responsibilities for product lines ranging from $5 million to $500 million.
- Kari holds a Bachelor Degree in Marketing from Bradley University and an MBA.