For over 50 years, we have been educating organizations, throughout the world on health and safety topics and machine safeguarding.
Machine Safeguarding Seminar Overview
According to existing safety regulations and standards, when a machine creates a hazard to operators and other employees in the machine area, it must be safeguarded. Rockford Systems, LLC offers a machine safeguarding seminar to teach people in positions of responsibility how to safeguard the point of operation and other machine hazards to meet these safety standards.
This 2-day seminar explains how to interpret the performance language of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations, ANSI (American National Standards Institute) B11 series safety standards, and NFPA 79. Specific machine safeguarding situations are also discussed. Another section of the machine safeguarding seminar provides basic safeguarding guidelines for other metalworking machines utilizing the ANSI B11 series safety standards. Seminars combine classroom discussions with demonstrations of machines under power. Hands-on experience with these machines and visual aids, including slides and videos, are also used. These teaching methods enable the participants to interpret the OSHA regulations and ANSI and NFPA 79 standards related to their specific machine applications and production requirements.
This course is taught by Mr. Matthew Clutter, Director of Training, an industrial safeguarding expert with over 17 years of machine safeguarding experience. Through his teaching methods, participants will learn to interpret the OSHA regulation, ANSI B11 series standards, and NFPA 79 standards related to specific machine applications and production requirements. Mr. Clutter is also a speaker at various seminars sponsored by industrial associations.
- Regulations and Standards
- Risk Assessment
- Machine Safeguarding Assessment
- Risk Reduction Considerations
- ANSI B11.1 Mechanical Power Presses
- ANSI B11.2 Hydraulic Power Presses
- ANSI B11.16 Metal Powder Compacting Presses
- ANSI B11.17 Horizontal Hydraulic Extrusion Presses
- ANSI B11.3 Power Press Brakes
- ANSI B11.4 Shears
- ANSI B11.5 Iron Workers
- ANSI B11.6 Lathes (Manually Operated)
- ANSI B11.7 Cold Headers and Cold Formers
- ANSI B11.8 Drilling, Milling, and Boring Machines
- ANSI B11.9 Grinding Machines
- ANSI B11.10 Metal Sawing Machines
- ANSI B11.11 Gear Cutting Machines
- ANSI B11.12 Roll Forming and Roll Bending Machines
- ANSI B11.13 Automatic Screw/Bar and Chucking Machines
- ANSI B11.15 Pipe, Tube, and Shape Bending Machines
- ANSI B11.18 Coil Processing Systems (Slitting and Blanking)
- ANSI B11.19 Safeguarding Methods and Risk-Reduction Measures
- ANSI B11.20 Integrated Manufacturing (Cells)
- ANSI B11.21 Machine Tools Using Laser Processing (Cutting)
- ANSI B11.22 CNC Turning Centers and Lathes
- ANSI B11.23 Machining Centers—CNC Mills, Drills, Boring
- ANSI B11.27 Electrical Discharge (EDM) Machines
- ANSI/RIA R15.06–1999 & 2012 Robots and Large Work Envelopes
- Folding Aluminum OSHA Guard-Opening Scale
- OSHA Grinder Gauge 1/8″ (Work Rest) – 1/4″ (Tongue Guard/Spark Arrestor)
- Folder to include useful machine Safeguarding Reference Material
The Rockford Systems Training Center is equipped with several types of risk reduction so that attendees can see how different safeguards can be applied and used.
Our instructor is well-qualified, having many years of exposure to health and safety environments and the machine tool industry. His experience comes from working with plant engineers, safety directors, and plant managers.
All training courses are held at our Rockford, Illinois, training center, which is located 70 miles northwest of Chicago O’Hare Airport.
Rockford Systems, LLC
5795 Logistics Parkway
Rockford, IL 61109
Rockford Area Hotel Accomodations
Rockford Systems will permit the cancellation of a training class, or may cancel the training class with little or no advanced notice due to Coronavirus related causes. Cancellations initiated by the customer or Rockford Systems will entitle the customer to a full refund of deposit. Neither party will be subject to penalties or associated claims from the other, nor for losses or for 3rd party related costs. Any and all training materials shipped in advance of the scheduled class shall be returned to Rockford Systems for subsequent full reimbursement.