For over 50 years, we have been educating organizations, throughout the world on health and safety topics and machine safeguarding.
According to existing safety regulations and standards, when a machine creates a hazard to operators and other employees in the machine area, it must be safeguarded. Rockford Systems, LLC offers a machine safeguarding seminar to teach people in positions of responsibility how to safeguard the point of operation and other machine hazards to meet these safety standards.
This 2-day seminar explains how to interpret the performance language of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations, ANSI (American National Standards Institute) B11 series safety standards, and NFPA 79. Specific machine safeguarding situations are also discussed. Another section of the machine safeguarding seminar provides basic safeguarding guidelines for other metalworking machines utilizing the ANSI B11 series safety standards. Seminars combine classroom discussion with demonstrations of machines under power. Hands-on experience with these machines and visual aids, including slides and videos, are also used. These teaching methods enable the participants to interpret the OSHA regulations and ANSI and NFPA 79 standards as they relate to their specific machine applications and production requirements. This course is taught by Mr. Matthew Clutter, Director of Training, an industrial safeguarding expert with over 17 years of machine safeguarding experience. Mr. Clutter is also a speaker at various seminars sponsored by industrial associations. Through his teaching methods participants will learn to interpret the OSHA regulation, ANSI B11 series standards, and NFPA 79 standards as they relate to specific machine applications and production requirements.
- Regulations and Standards
- Risk Assessment
- Machine Safeguarding Assessment
- Risk Reduction Considerations
- ANSI B11.1 Mechanical Power Presses
- ANSI B11.2 Hydraulic Power Presses
- ANSI B11.16 Metal Powder Compacting Presses
- ANSI B11.17 Horizontal Hydraulic Extrusion Presses
- ANSI B11.3 Power Press Brakes
- ANSI B11.4 Shears
- ANSI B11.5 Iron Workers
- ANSI B11.6 Lathes (Manually Operated)
- ANSI B11.7 Cold Headers and Cold Formers
- ANSI B11.8 Drilling, Milling, and Boring Machines
- ANSI B11.9 Grinding Machines
- ANSI B11.10 Metal Sawing Machines
- ANSI B11.11 Gear Cutting Machines
- ANSI B11.12 Roll Forming and Roll Bending Machines
- ANSI B11.13 Automatic Screw/Bar and Chucking Machines
- ANSI B11.15 Pipe, Tube, and Shape Bending Machines
- ANSI B11.18 Coil Processing Systems (Slitting and Blanking)
- ANSI B11.19 Safeguarding Methods and Risk-Reduction Measures
- ANSI B11.20 Integrated Manufacturing (Cells)
- ANSI B11.21 Machine Tools Using Laser Processing (Cutting)
- ANSI B11.22 CNC Turning Centers and Lathes
- ANSI B11.23 Machining Centers—CNC Mills, Drills, Boring
- ANSI B11.27 Electrical Discharge (EDM) Machines
- ANSI/RIA R15.06–1999 & 2012 Robots and Large Work Envelopes
- Folding Aluminum OSHA Guard-Opening Scale
- OSHA Grinder Gauge 1/8″ (Work Rest) – 1/4″ (Tongue Guard/Spark Arrestor)
- Folder to include useful machine Safeguarding Reference Material
Rockford Systems appreciates your business and your trust in us as your preferred training partner. In response to the ever-developing uncertainties the Coronavirus pandemic has created, Rockford Systems will do its utmost to accommodate the wellbeing of both your employees and our instructors. With this in mind there are some safety protocols we have recently implemented for the duration of this pandemic.
The Rockford Systems Training Center is equipped with several types of risk reduction so that attendees can see how different safeguards can be applied and used.
Our instructor is well-qualified, having many years of exposure health and safety environments and to the machine tool industry. His experience comes from working in the field with plant engineers, safety directors, and plant managers.
All training courses are held at our Rockford, Illinois, training center, which is located 70 miles northwest of Chicago O’Hare Airport.
Rockford Systems LLC
5795 Logistics Parkway
Rockford, IL 60119
Rockford Systems will permit the cancellation of a training class, or may cancel the training class with little or no advanced notice due to Coronavirus related causes. Cancellations initiated by the customer or Rockford Systems will entitle the customer to a full refund of deposit. Neither party will be subject to penalties or associated claims from the other, nor for losses or for 3rd party related costs. Any and all training materials shipped in advance of the scheduled class shall be returned to Rockford Systems for subsequent full reimbursement.
In addition to site safety requirements, and if conditions warrant such, attendees may be required to get a daily forehead-scanner temperature check, wear masks while not eating or drinking, and limit their physical presence to the training areas. Attendees who are showing signs of ill-health as determined by the instructor may be asked to leave. If listed in the proposal, Rockford Systems quote includes our GermBlock™ shields which limit airborne droplets resulting from coughing, sneezing or speaking from reaching a nearby person, therefore helping to mitigate possible COVID-19 infection. All surfaces and equipment are to be sanitized daily.
Class sizes are restricted to comply with both current Illinois gathering tier mitigation requirements, and to allow for greater than 6-foot social distancing between participants. The instructor will follow best safety practices including either a mask or a face shield while training. Attendees are required to have a daily forehead-scanner temperature check, wear masks while not eating or drinking, and limit their physical presence in the building to the training areas. All surfaces and equipment are sanitized daily. Attendees are free to use our 3-sided GermBlock™ shields which limit airborne droplets resulting from coughing, sneezing or speaking from reaching a nearby person, therefore helping to mitigate possible COVID-19 infection.